So way back in October 2011, I took part in the UK's first cycling challenge just for women, called Cycletta.
It was a 40km ride through the countryside, on mostly traffic free streets.
There was a good mixture, of professional riders, and beginners, and it was great fun...
I bought a bike, and went riding most weekends leading up to it in preparation.
I had a fantastic time, zipping along the streets amongst the autumn coloured leaves.
I loved it...
But then it was over, winter came again, the days grew shorter, and my bike became a drying rack for wet clothes in my one bedroom, hospital accommodation, and it became covered in dust...
Fast forward 18 months, and the poor thing hasn't be ridden since...
Partly because I lived in a town where most people aim to run over cyclists, rather than go around the, full of steep scary hills and just general crazy drivers, and partly because I'm just plain lazy.
But I moved a few months ago, to a better town, still complete with crazy steep hills (I thought the UK was flat!!!) But more out of town, with the leafy lanes...
So I've dusted off the bike, and as soon as I track down a pump, so I can get some air into the tyres, we'll be off on an adventure...

3 comments:
I love bike riding! But i find it tricky to ride without getting busted by students around here! You may have inspired me to give it a little go though.
Do it, it's like being a child all over again...
But with the fear of 'omg I'm going to die' if I take my hands off the breaks on the downhill bits!
see, i hate it :P ususually thats just due to uncomfortable seats :P
Post a Comment