As many of you know, I left Oz 6 years ago, for a working holiday...
I've pretty much spent the last 6 years working as a locum, saving up, then travelling until I've run out of money, then starting the process again.
I won't say it's all be smooth sailing, there's been many a time where I've come back with less than £10 to my name, and not a pay packet in sight... (situations like these, lead me to jump at crazy jobs in crazy locations!!)
But I've learnt!
One of the major bonus's of working as a locum, means that you get paid well, and
get to work 9-5pm, Monday to Friday.
Which I've grown accustomed to
So imagine my shock when my current job decided to change to shift work...
Suddenly my evenings, and weekends were not my own.
With their crazy anti-social shifts of 12pm-10pm, or 10pm-8am and random weekends thrown in for good measure.
It was like being straight out of uni, and getting given all the unwanted shifts, just because they can!
Now I love the idea of working 4 days a week...
the 3 day weekend is amazing...
(if you get all three days off in a row... which seems to be an extremely rare occurrence here, unless you're the boss!!)
But there's not logic to the shift patterns here...
Take this week for example...
Working Monday,
off Tuesday,
working Wednesday,
off Thursday,
working Friday,
off Saturday,
then working Sunday...
That is what I call dragging out the working week, one day at a time!
All I can say is that Sunday, it's paying time and two thirds.... bring it!
No comments:
Post a Comment